Wednesday 1 September 2010

Sad but true.

I missed a custom bike show a week or so ago,this Sunday I have a Mini show to go to.It's the British Mini Club Councours Finale at Uttoxeter Race Course,phew,what a mouth full.
I'm meeting friends there and shall be in deep,deep trouble if I don't make it.I'll have no excuse,their coming from Anglesey and I have only a short journey.The only thing that may ruin it will be rain,and an English summer being what it is.......
Now I don't mind riding The Angel in the rain,and my Welsh friends will be driving there,but who want's to walk through rows of classic Mini's in the rain.And thats what it will be,row upon row of spotless,sparkling,polished Mini's.Every model and every engine size,standard,modified or tuned.As the judges arrive the last spot of rain or dead fly will be wiped away.Every screw or nut will be checked to make sure it's facing the same way,and every blade of grass will be removed from polished tyre's.
I've been thinking,what would look worse,hundreds of Mini's and one lone trike,or hundreds of Mini's and a stand out,dayglo green Skoda.Mmmmmm.
Mind you,if the weathers too bad on Anglesey my friends may not come,in which case their sure to text me.Then I'll look up into the sky,sniff the air,weigh up the pro's and con's,and then go back to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Its called the 'HELLO, I'M HERE' Skoda, wha ha ha ha!!!!!
    I've a large umbrell and I'm not afraid to use it!! LOL We're really looking forward to the show, if its raining here it'll be dry over there, its been really warm here the last few days, lets hope it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we stayed home every time it rained, we wouldn't leave the house October - March. (:-D

    ReplyDelete