Wednesday 8 September 2010

Movie Magic.

At 2.30 tomorrow morning the BBC are showing The Lion In Winter,and who I ask,apart from myself,will be up watching it.It's one of my favourites,a wonderful cast,great direction and a script to die for.Ignore the three sons,the Dauphin and the mistress,if you can,and you have HenryII and Eleanor battling to decide which of their boys will  inherit the English crown.And what a Henry and Eleanor,Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn at their peak and acting each other off the screen.
I've just glanced up at my DVDs to see three of my favourites,side by side by side.lol.
Shaws,Caesar & Cleopatra,The Red Shoes and The Lion In Winter,they don't make films  like them anymore.Hark at me pontificating on film,and I haven't been able to make sense of The Matrix after three viewings.

No comments:

Post a Comment