Monday 6 September 2010

Past,present and........

If it was possible to bring someone back from the past and have them write a blog,who would you choose?
I thought,The Bede,Pepys,maybe Dickens,but no.I would choose John Aubrey,"who he"
you ask,"and why he".Aubrey lived from 1626 till 1697 and would have been a blogger for his time,and no one was safe from his wicked yet honest pen.
I knew nothing of Aubrey until, the quartet,Margaret and I andJoyce and Alf,went to see Roy Dotrice in a one man show called "Brief Lives".It was a stunning piece of theatre,I was pinned to my seat for the whole evening,even during the interval.Dotrice never left the stage,he seemed to be snoozing in a chair,twisting and turning,scratching,even laughing to himself,as if dreaming.I can picture the set even now,after all those years.
Who's this about? John Aubrey the diarist or Roy Dotrice the actor..I started off on one and drifted off onto the other.I do apologise.

2 comments:

  1. i'd like to read a blog written by my maternal great grandmother. i only met her once in person but she wrote me letters often when i was young. i'd like to know more about her life. i'd like to know about why/how her family left poland and ended up in kansas and how she met my great grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good one,but anyone more famous.lol.

    ReplyDelete