Monday 20 September 2010

To keep CK quiet

Friday morning I shall be riding up and over to Anglesey,I seem to go on about Anglesey rather a lot.I have friends over there,the eldest is,oh,ten years my junior,she might just read this so,thirty years my junior,at least.Ok Princess?Her daughter is,I can't remember,Thirteen,going on sixteen,if I'm wrong one of them will put me in my place.I don't know how old Tommy is,early twenties I suppose,thats me in trouble again.He's.Princess' fiance'.Their fun,and help keep me young,oh alright,feeling young.What's the Mae West quote,"Your only as old as who you feel",I should be so lucky.I use the A5  to get there,there are quicker route's,the M6/A55 for instance,but the A5 is prettier and more fun to ride.There are boring stretches,but there more than made up for by the others.One stretch climbs up into the the Welsh mountains and when it reaches the top winds it's way back down.Bend after bend,left,right,then left again,you lose count of how many.In my Mini I can cut the corners and accelerate through in an almost straight line,can't do that on the trike,I have tried.On one section,up and to the right,are slate grey rocks that reach down to the road.To the left it drops away to an ice cold looking river,one day I'll take my fly rod with me.
Just before Betsy-y-coed you can take a left and visit the Conwy Falls,then later,take a right for the Swallow Falls.If you ever go that way,make time to visit them,I won't have time Friday.

3 comments:

  1. nice title : ) the drive sounds wonderful. i love scenic car trips, if they aren't too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to go for a long drive!! Leaves are just starting to turn color here.

    ReplyDelete