Thursday 2 September 2010

I wandered down to the bank today,just to check on my account,solvent,but only just . Made my way to my local supermaket,did my weekend shopping and began to make my way home.As I crossed the carpark I heard a helicopter,hovering above my head,I carried on walking,out of the carpark,along the path leading to Friars Terrace,and as I reached the road there was the helicopter,hovering above my head.I turned right,walked a few yards then turned left and hovering above and to the right was the helicopter.Now I began worry a little.I carried on toward the A449 Wolverhampton Road,glanced up and realised it was theStaffordshire Flying Ambulance and relaxed a bit,but wait a moment,what was it doing still following me.Was it looking for an accident about to happen,and was I that accident.
I needed to cross this main road so I looked right then left and then again,to make sure nothing was coming for at least a quarter of a mile either way.I crossed,turned right,walked a few more yards then turned left into my road.A sigh of relief,I was almost home,but still not out of danger.A roofing tile could fall on my head,a car could mount the pavement,the helicopter that still hovered above might fall on me.Turn into the gate,open the door,and I'm home.I walked through to the kitchen and started  to put the shopping away,but what was that.I looked out of the window,and what do you think,yes it was still  there.Maybe I still wasn't safe,maybe I was going to become one of the 40% of accidents that happen in the home.
An hour has gone by and I am still uninjured,but that bloody helicopter is still hovering,out of sight and above my house.

1 comment:

  1. Scary, did you find out what it was doing?
    I hope you're still ok, lol, and your not injured whilst typing into your laptop, hee hee x

    ReplyDelete