Monday 6 September 2010

Miles of smiles.

I logged on to a Mini forum yesterday and got quite a suprise,a Mini owner saying that 114 miles is too far too drive just to pick up an engine.
As I've mentioned before,I have a Mini and a trike,and I'm no spring chicken yet,I can't see how 114 miles can be too far.You don't drive a Mini for the comfort of it,or for relaxed, high speed cruising.It's not the most beautiful of cars or of the most up to date design,but it has it's good points.
Now I live in Stafford and this year I've ridden to and from Anglesey 3 times,Leeds once and one sunny Sunday to Barmouth and back.In JB I've driven to Bridgend a few times,done the Huntingdon to Hunstanton charity run,and how many miles that was,I don't know.I've also driven from home to Boston,along the Lincolnshire coast to Skegness then home.And I still ended the day with a smile on my face.Those runs must average,what,200 miles per day.
Maybe it's because I was around when the Mini first came out,that my first two cars were an Austin A30 and an A35,or that the bikes I rode at that time were nowhere near as smooth or fast as todays.But still,114 miles is too far?
One thing I forgot to to say,in a Mini or on a trike you get noticed,in the nicest possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment