Saturday 18 September 2010

Heads or tails.

The company I worked for,full and then part time,for the last five years,decided,earlier this year,to replace me.It seemed that there had been problems for which they held me responsible,though how I could be responsible for things that occurred on Thursday through Sunday when I was only there from Monday till Wednesday,I don't know.
I worked the month prior to the new butcher joining the two weeks while he found his feet,then left.That was almost four months ago.
Yesterday I recieved an email, from the guy I had worked with for most of my time there,telling me that he had just walked out.The reason being,as I should know,"you can't do anything right for that lot".The real reason I'll find out sometime next week,over a chilled beer.
The thing is,do I offer to cover for them while they find a replacement,or let them stew.
Father and son have a farm to run,leaving just one butcher to run the shop.What to do,what to do.

2 comments:

  1. tough call. i was still stewing four months after i got laid off and there's no way in hell i would have helped my former company. i'm not so sure what i'd do now if the opportunity came up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that is a tough call. On one hand, it's always nice to have some extra money. If you didn't *hate* it, perhaps go back temporarily and know that you're going to spend the money on something fun and frivolous!!!

    ReplyDelete