Saturday 11 September 2010

After finishing Firegirl's song game I started looking through my albums,many of which I can't even remember buying.Some I know Joyce brought with her but there are some I'm sure she wouldn't have bought.The Music Hall albums,the G&S operettas,some steam organ and folk music could have been hers,but where did the others come from.They weren't my ex wife's,she took hers and some of mine with her.
One I found was a BBC recording called"English with an accent".On the sleeve it says,"Examples of the ways in which people from many parts of the world would speak English.Wherever possible we have used recordings of people talking off the cuff as this seems to produce the most authentic accents".
So I have an album of English spoken in many accents,including,"American(non regional)and American(southern states).
It also says,"This LP complements the earlier BBC record"Some British Accents and Dialects",which was deleted and reissued under the  title,"English with a Dialect".Oh I must get a copy of that.lol.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a treasure of an album!!!

    Oh, us Americans and the mangling of the Queen's English! (:-D It really does matter which part of the States you are from!!

    ReplyDelete