Thursday 26 August 2010

Next time

I checked the fridge this morning and all that was left was half a tub of Flora,a little coleslaw and two tomato's,and as the bread bin held only four slices  and two fruit buns  I popped into my local supermarket.A right idiot I must have looked in my crash helmet,waterproof trousers and drovers coat.Five minutes earlier it was chucking it down,you couldn't see through the rain,but now.Now it was high summer,blue sky,sunshine,and me standing in a puddle,steaming.I put my helmet and gloves in a trolley,hung the saddle bags over the front and folded the coat over the handle.
I found a few things in the reduced section,then some fruit,a loaf and one or two other things,nine items in all.The five checkouts that were open all had long queue's,as did the ten items or under checkout,so I thought,I'll use the self service checkout.WRONG!
The three reduced items wouldn't register and while I was looking for what to do next a young member of staff came up to me."are you having trouble"she asked,"no,no,I'm alright"I answered.She stepped between me and the trolley and took over."these can be a bit difficult if your not used to them"she said.I'm sure everyone within earshot must have thought,"poor old bugger".She put everything through,then said,"all you have to","I know what I have to do"I said.
"CHOOSE HOW YOU WISH TO PAY"the checkout shouted,it's lights flashing,I clicked on cash and began feeding it.A £5.00 note,a £2.oo coin,two £1.00 coins,one of which it spat out.It looked alright so I put it in again,and of course it spat it out again.I had two fifty pence pieces so in they went along with two twenties and a two pence and that was it,the right money.
"Do you want a hand packing"the young lady was back again"."No thanks"I said"I have these",pointing at the saddle bags,well I couldn't load up and get out quick enough.
It'll be easier next time.Won't it!

1 comment:

  1. I constantly argue with the self service tills, if they actually worked instead of just shouting at you it would be more enjoyable. We went to Tesco a few weeks ago and the voice must of been broken on the machine we were using and it was much easier to use, easier to think without the machine just constantly repeating itself.

    Tesco, ASDA, Morrisons please turn off the stupid womans voice and make self service tills easier and more enjoyable to use.

    ReplyDelete